What we need
WHAT WE NEED
When you make initial contact with us we will need to identify all of the directors and any shareholders over 25%. We usually ask to see original certified documents of either a passport or driving licence and a utility bill to prove your home address. If you are a resident abroad, we may ask to see documents in a video call for these to then be scanned and emailed to us. We may also carry out electronic checks to confirm your identity.
We will also carry out an ethical and conflict check to make sure that there are no reasons why we cannot act for your company. For example, we have to assess whether we are capable of carrying out the work on the proposed administration and ensure that we have not acted for you before and have a conflict.
The three purposes are:
DOCUMENTS WE NEED
We will ask for the following documentation:
- The company’s exact name, registered office address and a list of any trading addresses.
- Photo identification for all directors and any shareholders over 25%.
- A list of creditors with their names, addresses and amounts due.
- A list of any hire purchase or lease creditors.
- A list of employees by name and address, job title, rate of pay and employment start date. We can send you a spreadsheet template for this information.
- Details of any pension scheme the company operates.
- An asset list.
- A list of debtors with names, addresses and amounts owed.
- The name and address of the company’s accountants or auditors.
- A copy of the last three years accounts plus up to date management information such as a profit loss account and balance sheet.
- The company VAT, corporation tax and PAYE reference numbers.
- The name of any of the company’s banks, the bank balances, account numbers and sort codes.
- Details of any freehold or leasehold properties.
- Details of any winding up petitions in progress or legal action being taken by creditors.
- A brief company history and why the business got into trouble.
- In due course we need a backup of your accounts records and system.
All information given to us is, of course, confidential.
David Kirk did exactly what he said he would. I’d be lost without Administration. Without David, we would have gone bankrupt by now. Really good